What we do!
We are a full-service CFO Consulting Firm founded and based in Boston, MA. We offer a broad range of services for Business Owners, Private Equity Firms, Venture Capital Firms and Management Teams. We are friendly, affordable, and highly experienced.
All of this experience is 100% relevant as from age 24 John has been the top Financial Officer at Startups and Entrepreneurial Companies … helping Founders achieve their Business Objectives and Financial dreams. Relating to non-accountants is a core skill!
Therefore, you will not suffer through a lecture about any rigid set procedure John must always follow. We tailor our work to your requirements and your vison for your company or organization. As trusted advisors consulted on a wide range of issues, we are absolutely not a “One size fits all” type of practice! If accomplishing your goals were that easy, you could pick anyone off a park bench as a CFO … and just give them a set of buzz words and some cards.
Transformation into Higher Profitability & Cash Flow:
- Cost Segregation Studies – Re-allocating the Cost Basis for Real Estate. The IRS’s “Guidelines” call for Licensed Engineers to make these judgements; not accountants or CPA’s! We have the properly qualified & certified staff so the IRS will accept the changes.
- IC-DISC Returns – for Exporters; lower Taxes on Exports, done the same way GE does it!
- R&D Tax Credits – for minimizing Taxes after exiting Startup Mode and achieving profitability.
- New R&D Refundable Tax Credits – for Startups … Found Money coming back to you Now!
- Other Assorted Tax Credits – Film, Enterprise Zone, WOTC, etc.
CALL ME WHEN YOU WANT TO SAY OR ASK:
- A Buyer has expressed interest in my Business and the chips are on the table; I need a CFO who can make “it” happen … Timely Reporting & Analysis or special events such as M&A, Audit, or IPO!
- Do you know somebody who can walk in and understand my business, my priorities and work with me and my team? A typical “bean-counter” just won’t cut it!
- Operating Information, not Financial Accounting, is what I need to make decisions and “up our game”:
• Profitability/Margin Analysis
• P&L Segment Reporting
• Job Costing
• Budget to Actual Comparisons (Bid or Quote to Actual)
• Budgeting and Strategic Planning current
• Operational Metrics for real-time application, insuring successful production days, weeks and months.
- A focused Part-time CFO would be more beneficial than paying for a full-time CFO.
- Assessment and mentoring of my Accounting Staff is necessary
- Who do you know who could review our Finance and IT functions and better align them with our Strategic Goals and Milestones?
- There is no cash in the bank – how is that possible if my company is making money?!
- I need help as my organization is undergoing stress and change:
• Hyper Growth
• Financial Downturn
• New Bank Debt or Outside Investment
• Turnaround and Down-sizing
• Audit Demands
- Do you know someone who has been through this before … and can partner with me and my team?
- How can I get better quality and faster Financials for less money? (Depending upon their needs, I may have a simple, cost effective solution! There are some wonderful new products, which can automate most of the process, if you know what to use and how to do it! Change is good!)